The privacy of the website and the privacy of its users is one of the priorities which we consider as essential when you benefit from our services.
This policy does not apply to sites and companies that carry Al-Balsam website as a link within its site. Moreover, Al-Balsam Publishing House and Al-Balsam Bookstore are not responsible for the information you provide to third parties through our website.
Our policy regarding the collection, use and disclosure, if any, of the user personal information and data can be divided in accordance with international standards according to the following categories:
- We at Al-Balsam website are responsible for your personal information which is under our control.
- Our site and apps may contain hyperlinks to other sites, so we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. Therefore, we urge and encourage our users when leaving our site and our applications to read the privacy statement of other sites on the Internet that may collect their personal information.
2. User Accounts and Personal Data:
- In order to purchase, download content and benefit from the services of Al-Balsam website, you must register for an account. We ask you for personal information, including your real name, e-mail address, password and country of residence.
- If you are logged in, you will be automatically recognized by your username. This name may be your real name if you choose, or you can choose an alias.
- When you make a purchase decision from Al-Balsam website, we will ask you for more information and it is necessary to complete the purchase. This information will be stored confidentially in your account.
- We ask for some personal information when you create a user account on Al-Balsam website, including your email address and password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- We may record information about your use, such as when and how often the website service is used and how you interact with the site, and this information can be shared with a trusted third party.
- We may use your information to improve your experience with us. For example, we may provide content that we believe will be of interest to you, based on your information about the use of Al-Balsam website services.
- We may use clear GIF images (also known as "web beacons") in HTML contained in emails sent to our users to track emails that are opened by their senders.
- When creating an account on Al-Balsam website, you can specify whether you want to receive promotional and advertising bulletins sent by Al-Balsam Bookstore or one of our partners or publishers, and you can change this option at any time through your account settings.
- We reserve the right to send important emails related to your account from time to time even if you choose not to receive emails from us.
- Your account is protected by the user password you choose, and user password is the protection for your account.
- All users are encouraged to choose strong passwords and not to share them. You may not expose another user's password to the public, either directly or indirectly.
- You must keep your password confidential by logging out as soon as you have finished using a shared computer
- Cookies are identifiers that automatically navigate to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages are visited on our site and how many visitors. Al-Balsam website cookies do not collect personal information.
6. Log in:
- Each time you visit a Web page, you send the information to your web server. Most web servers maintain logins routinely, which can be used to get a comprehensive picture: which pages are more visited, the sites linked to and accessing this site, which web browsers are used by site visitors.
- These records are used to produce site statistics, such preliminary data are not available to the public.
- Record data can be viewed by developers and administrators in the context of solving technical problems that overwhelm the site. The IP addresses of users, derived either from these records or from records in the database, are often used to link users and network addresses in investigating abuse of Al-Balsam website, including acts of vandalism, hacking, harassment of other users, or other problems with the site.
7. Identification of purposes:
- We will collect, use or disclose your personal information only with your knowledge and consent, unless required or permitted by law or the terms of this policy.
- The consent may be explicit or in some circumstances implicitly, given in writing, using or not using the check-out check box, electronically, verbally (in person or by telephone), or through your conduct, such as the use of the product or service.
9. Limitation of use, disclosure and retention:
- Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which they have been collected, except with your consent or as required by law or permitted by this policy.
- We provide you with safe services for use. All banking and sensitive information is transmitted using SSL technology and encrypted to access the payment gateway providers, and information will only be available to those who have a special rights authorization to access such systems and are obliged to keep the information confidential.
- When you make any bank transfer transaction, your personal information (credit card information, social security numbers and financial information) will not be stored, sold, shared, leased or sold by installments to any third party.
- We do not sell or trade your personal information or transfer it in any way. However, this does not include trusted third parties that assist us in operating the Website or in the exercise of our business or at your service, as long as they are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of your information.
10. Cancellation and Recovery Requirements for Printed Books:
- Cancellation of any purchase on the website will be accepted within 24 hours from the time of making the purchase and the full amount will be refunded.
- All claims of defects or incomplete shipments must be sent in writing to Al-Balsam within 10 days of receipt of the order.
- Please ensure that all claims are supported by photographic evidence clearly proving the damaged goods. Al-Balsam will replace lost or damaged goods at no extra charge.
- It is not allowed to cancel the purchase of digital books after downloading
- If we want to make substantial changes to these policies, we will notify you by posting an ad on the site. Your continued use of the and Al-Balsam website and service after posting any changes to this Policy will be considered as your acceptance for these changes.